Friday, February 8, 2008

Court, indexing and the snow cave

I went to court to support Matt in his hearing. It hurt to see him in scrubs and shackles. I hope the court will do the right thing and get him the help he needs. He was diagnosed with PTSD after two tours in Irag, and for whatever reason didn't get the counseling he needs. He ended up in custody after a standoff with SWAT last week. The Matt that was arrested is not the Matt I know. I will continue to pray for him and do all I can to help him and his family, which doesn't feel like much.

Today Mom showed me how to index records from www.familysearchindexing.com. I indexed 42 names in just a few minutes. This is something that I've wanted to do for several months, and I finally took the time to learn. I felt like what I was doing will make an impact on someone's life soon. I want to continue doing this to help the genealogy cause.

We played in the snow cave again before we crushed it. Our yard isn't fenced and Mom gave me a hard time about the access to the cave. We let everyone take a turn and jumping on top to try and crush it. The cave was stronger than I expected. Raven's friend Mikah did the most damage. I'm sure this will become an annual event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What was the result of the hearing, sir?