Friday, May 9, 2008

Recovery

It's been two days since my shoulder surgery. The damage was much worse than Dr. Ritchie thought, so the surgery took twice as long. They gave me a shot of Versed, so I don't remember what happened with the anesthesia. I was expecting to count backwards or something, but I don't know what happened. I'm taking Percocet for the pain, but the itch under my bandage is almost worst. At least that comes off tomorrow. I can't wait to take a shower tomorrow. This will be a fun few months. Five to six weeks in the sling, followed by physical therapy. Dr. Ritchie said I am done with Karate for the year. We will see. I won't do anything that will jeopardize my shoulder, but I still have my left arm and two legs. I should be able to teach again on Tuesday. I'm sure it will be worth it went it's all over.

No comments: