2008 Medals
| Country | Gold | Silver | Bronze | Total |
|---|---|---|---|---|
USA | 36 | 38 | 36 | 110 |
CHN | 51 | 21 | 28 | 100 |
RUS | 23 | 21 | 28 | 72 |
GBR | 19 | 13 | 15 | 47 |
AUS | 14 | 15 | 17 | 46 |
Mike Both and I have been riding the new singletrack trails in Eagle Mountain over the last two weeks. It's great to see new trails out here. We are constantly plotting where to build the next one. I'm glad I can do some riding and hope to pull off a St. George bike trip in November.
I've also played volleyball twice in the last two weeks, and I'm better than I expected when it comes to serving with my left hand. Blocking is difficult when I only have one arm above the net, but I don't want to risk a hard shop that would injure my shoulder. I'm just glad I can play.
Chuck Liddell fought Rashad Evans in UFC 88 last night. I fully expected Liddell to win the fight, so I was shocked when Evans knocked Liddell out cold. They exchanged at the same time, but Rashad landed first and hit Chuck on the button. I've seen too many fights where Chuck keeps his hands down, and he's paid for it twice in 18 months. Quinton Jackson knocked out Chuck on Memorial Day weekend in 2007 and took the UFC Light Heavyweight title. Chuck's next fight was against Keith Jardine, and he looked like he was afraid of being knocked out. Jardine took control, pressed the fight and got the decision. Chuck bounced back and manhandled Wanderlei Silva, and it appeared The Iceman was back. Chuck looked focused and ready last night, but he made the fatal error of leaving his hands down again. I would expect a fighter at that level to master the basic skill of protecting your head and face. I really hope he can bounce back from this defeat.





No comments:
Post a Comment